Coming home

Coming home was really very easy. I left the hostel after a few heartwrenching goodbyes - to people, to experiences, but mostly to the town of Lucca itself. Sigh. Took another overpriced cab to the airport and had to wait a bit, but everything went well. Had very little time in between flights, and made it to Dulles at 7:15pm last night.

Its hard for me to imagine that the last time I woke up, it was in Tuscany, and I went outside and sat on a piazza, and today, I woke up in suburbia, in my fluffy airconditioned room. Italy feels like a dream right now, probably a product of the jet lag, but it went by so quickly.

Italy was a fantastic place, exactly what I had hoped for, and more. My only regret from Italy is that I didn't have time to see Venice, but oh well, that gives me an excuse to go back, right? To recap, I saw: Lucca, Viareggio, Cinque Terre, Parma, Verona, Pisa, Celle, Florence, and Rome. What breaks my heart the most about leaving Italy is that it is so easy to get to so many other European countries once you are already over there. The hard part is just leaving America, and once you are in Europe, there are 1000s of beautiful places to explore. All the un-had adventure is tormenting me.

So, thus concludes my travel blog, I hope you all have enjoyed it as much as I've enjoyed writing it. I'm going to go eat a waffle now. Ciao!

Comments

  1. You obviously are a little unsure about what to do with your talents, which it seems you have many. I just want to recommend a book that might help guide you as to which option to pursue. The Jack Rabbit Factor is the name of the short book.

    I have an idea how you can help many people out with your talents, but you have to have a more than moderately high level of modesty in dress. I do sense you have modesty in your language as I read through your experiences in Europe.

    Send me an email if you are curios: jrichhart@live.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts