Pisa is for people watching.

Florence didn't quite work out as planned. By the time Sarah and I woke up, ate something, and made our way to the train station, the train was running a bit late and it was already kind of late in the day, so we made an impromptu decision to go to Pisa instead. While at the train station, we bumped into Matt and Kurt, and decided to go to Pisa, take our stupid "holding up the tower picture" and come home. Everyone told us to expect a cruddy town, so we had low expectations. The boys were planning on going to Cinque Terre, but their train was majorly delayed, and they has already been to Pisa, so they weren't exactly super siked about Pisa, but whatever - we were going to make the best of it.

Little did I know that it would turn out to be the best day I've had in Italy. We had so much fun in Pisa, mostly just people watching and laughing. Pisa is not much of a town. Its almost like they realized they messed it up with the sinking tower thing, and then didn't even try to make the rest of it nice. They were probably like, "eh, its just Pisa, don't waste your time on it." It kind of smelt bad.

The people watching by the tower of Pisa was AMAZING. I must have 15 pictures of strangers posing in front of the tower of Pisa. Hysterical. There were families arguing about how best to pose.........its so not that serious. One dad made his daughter CRY. You can't even get your own picture without another tourist in it.

I then had the best gelato of my life, hazelnut and pistatio. Yummmm. I was so exhausted and sunburned when I got home, but of course my friends convinced me to stay out until 2 am again. I am SO EXHAUSTED. Nap time. Yay.

Comments

Popular Posts