The path less traveled....

I have such annoying dreams sometimes. I want so badly to "make it".....but what is "making it" really? To have a successful, and creative career, in some capacity, I suppose. Although....the grand prize would be a New York Broadway debut, or a lead role at the Met, or an international opera career seeing the far corners of the world.

Part of my problem is that I can't decide - opera vs. musical theater? Kristin Chenoweth and Audra MacDonald all sing in a classical style, and Kristin has even sung in Candide - and she's famous for her excited high note squeals - one of my favorite videos -

I am about to graduate from college in 6 weeks and start auditioning full time in Washington, D.C. and making regular trips up to NYC. I hope to blog about my experiences here, and maybe get some feedback/helpful hints! I can say that I've been auditioning as much as I can for about 6 months, and its been a huge learning experience.

Rejection. Rejection is so tough, but I try not to let it get me down, instead I turn it inside out and motivate myself to try for another audition. Right now I'm feeling a little crazy and over-ambitious - Coming off of a let down from a big DC opportunity I was hoping on - the Kennedy Center's production of Ragtime - and now I'm scheduling and impromptu trip up to NYC to audition for Disney Cruises and a Wicked Chorus Call. Whew. When am I going to study for that test next Wednesday.....

Anyways....here's to the journey!

Comments

Popular Posts