Don't rain on my parade, damnit

Woke up and took the 7:25am LIRR into Manhattan again, to head over to the "9 to 5" Chorus Call for the new Dolly Parton musical, based off of the movie with the same name. Dolly Parton wrote the music for it, and from my research it looks like it'll be a good show.





I make it into the studio at 8:30am, having made really good time this morning, and notice that I'll be number 11 on the non-eq list! I'm improving! Only to notice....that awful sign.....NO NON EQ WOMEN....but as a consolation prize, "feel free to leave your headshot!" As if someone is going to pick up my picture, after a whole week of casting, and say, "YES! This is the girl I've been searching for!" Whatever. I left one anyways, and was sort of happy to be released from another afternoon of sitting and waiting, and headed back to the MegaBus stop to take the bus home to Washington, D.C.

Oddly enough, there weren't many auditions going on in NYC this week. Perhaps a combo of MLK day, the inauguration - whatever. Last week I could find 2-4 auditions to check out per day, and today and tomorrow could only find 1 that suited my skills (namely - no advanced dance skills). Since I got turned away at 8:30am, I figured to throw in the towel for the day, and for tomorrow, since its just another Broadway Chorus Call and likely to be the same situation.

Next week brings up a set of interesting auditions and experiences. Trying my hand at my first major opera chorus audition (I have NO idea what to expect, but I'm very excited for an audition where an educated voice is valued over personal appearances), a Broadway call/mini-road trip with Ma (Non-equity, HALLELUJAH!), and rounding the week out by singing at the Kennedy Center as what I'm calling a "back up singer" to a bucket full of famous Musical Theater composers and actors whom the idea of meeting, let alone being in the same room with them, makes me so excited I could start running around in circles.

http://kennedycenter.com/calendar/?fuseaction=showEvent&event=XJMLN

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts