Not over till someone fat is singing...wait...how does that go again?


Yesterday re-ignited my love for classical singing. Not sure where the hidden ember was hibernating. I thought that my stay in Italy this summer had beaten it all out of me, sending me home with a defiant, "Oh yea, well I'm actually a musical theater singer, so that's why I'm different from all of you. I can't wait to go home and sing musicals all day, every day..."

And since I've been doing just that for the past month, I guess you could say I needed a little break. A little reminder of where my roots are, where I came from - I suppose - a reminder that I'm good. Although I've been rejected 12 times in the past 14 days, I still have talent

In preparation for my upcoming classical-voiced audition this week, I had a last-minute voice lesson and dusted off my Boheme score and took a look at Quando M'en Vo. Sometimes, I'm really surprised at what comes out of my mouth. It was as if I needed that 6 months off of opera to find my voice again. I had the best lesson I can remember having in years. Needless to say...I wish I sang that well in Italy! Oh well. You can't win them all. 

So now I'm pumped about this classical audition, and I've been pulling out all my old arias, and feelings re-energized about REAL singing. Maybe I feel a recital in the near future? Hmm


Comments

Popular Posts