Endurance

Last week was my first 8-show work week. The first of many in my career, I hope. I started the week strong and energetic and then couldn't wait for it to be over by the time the 2 show a day weekend came along. Top that off with a final show on Sunday where our computer system crashed, messing up levels and sound cues....ah!

First show of another 8 show week this morning. We were all dragging our feet, still having not recovered fully yet. Thankfully we had an over-zealous group of 2nd graders who were laughing and screaming at literally, everything. The funniest was during one scene where I kiss another character on the forehead in really, a very platonic way, and all the kids at once started up with "EWWW! GROSS!!!!" We've never gotten that reaction before...it caught us so off guard. I was happy my next move was to run off stage while laughing. I didn't really have to push the laugh too much.

The show has come together so nicely. Even when I'm exhausted and just do not want to do the show (like this morning), something about the audience pushes me through or gives me something new to discover. I can't imagine doing film work while you're having a bad day, with nothing to give you extra energy/input.

Comments

Popular Posts