Inner Voice


Another great autobiography. You really get a sense of Renee's personality and how she has coped with having such a high profile career. About half the book is spent discussing how she came to where she is, including all her personal technique struggles. Its good to know that such an accomplished opera singer has had her struggles, and that her voice did not just come to her from a magical voice-stork. I certainly could identify with a lot of ideas and internal struggles that she goes through.

She goes into her vocal-technique in great detail, which for me as a singer is tremendously interesting, but for non-singers, may be a little bit too much. I appreciate her art much more now that I know her backstory. 

Next up on my reading list - Paul Russell's Acting: Making it Your Business. I've been enjoying his blog; he give a lot of good tips and inside-industry advice. 

Comments

Popular Posts