Just when I thought I was settling in...


I received a rather unexpected job offer today! When I auditioned in Birmingham a few months ago, I interviewed with a Shakespeare festival, but wasn't sure what to make of it since I have no Classical experience whatsoever. The director seemed enthusiastic about me, but I hadn't heard from him in a while.

Today I got a job offer! Looks like I'll be going down south for a 4 week summer stock in June. I'm so excited to get some training in stage combat, voice for actor, and Shakespearean acting. 

This is totally pushing my comfort zone. I'm actually quite nervous, but hey - who knows? Maybe this will end up being my "thing." They are also letting me sing arias during the pre-show concerts and possibly even in the show. New experiences and I get to sing a little bit? HOLLA. I'll hang out with the Bard.

I've got a 10:30am matinee tomorrow morning, followed by a callback for another gig post-tour. Busy busy busy. 

Comments

  1. So curious to hear more about stage fighting! Cool opportunity,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts