Learned the hard way

Lesson learned (or finally succumbed to) -

I am NOT an alto, or a mezzo soprano. FINE, OKAY, I'll admit it now. 

For SN I am singing in a low-mid range the whole time, and it causes me so much vocal fatigue. I should be able to sing flawlessly and fatiguelessly for more than one hour. I know I'm probably pushing a bit, too (as there is no electronic amplification). When I flip up to sing the ensemble pieces which are in my higher register, I have no problem, and I am just as-loud-as-you-please. My highly advanced pedagogical analysis of my condition? 

I'm a soprano. 

(damn it.)

But also my allergies are being a real bitch, so that could be contributing to the fatigue as well. I stay away from decongestants, because they dry me out pretty badly, but today I gave into Zyrtec. I hope it helps. I'm tired of walking around with red-rimmed eyes, looking rrrruuull sketch.

On another note - look at this pretty picture from the show!



Comments

  1. My mom said she saw your picture in the Gazette. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts