Maker's Mark



Tourism photo op!

Today was a day off. Pretty easy, just slept in, took care of a few errands. Lizz and I drove a little under two hours to visit the Maker's Mark Bourbon distillery, which apparently, Kentucky is famous for. I was kind of shocked to hear of all the different places the other members of our tour had come from, California, Texas, even Germany and the Netherlands. (I hope you didn't come all the way from Germany to see the Maker's Mark factory....)

The tour was pretty standard. Saw a few distilling barrels, but mostly, got grossed out seeing the huge vats of wheat, corn, and yeast fermenting, especially when we tasted it.



So gross.

The factory smelt delicious, like sweet wine and warm cedar. The best part was at the end, when we got to taste the bourbon, and have a bourbon chocolate ball (of course, that was my favorite part).

Later in the evening brought a group of us interns to a tasty dinner at Joe's Crab Shack overlooking the Ohio River. All in all - a pretty relaxing day off. Next day off I want to see the Jim Beam distillery which is only half an hour away. (I'm finding myself getting really excited over tourist traps lately.)

Bridge going from Kentucky into Indiana, over the Ohio River @ Waterfront Park

Comments

Popular Posts