A Cold Day in Hell

Cute town in the Poconos

I am following the World Series! Who would have thought??!!

No really...this coming from the girl who went to every football game of her high school career but really isn't certain of what a "down" is. There are a lot of baseball fans on our merry tour, and I've found myself watching the games, even when I'm alone in my room. Its really kind of exciting!

Once we left rainy Queens, we took a pretty, albeit overcast and gloomy, drive along colorful trees through the mountains to the Poconos and into upstate NY. Blissfully short driving days, and pretty scenery. I spent most of the time looking out the window, or snoozing.

I had a big, Italian dinner tonight. Its funny that everyone is talking about how they are gaining weight. I realized...I've got to stay in shape because I've got a prom dress to wear! Now how many people can say that, more than twice a year?

The hotels usually have gyms of varying quality/sketchiness, and when you get really lucky, a pool! I bought a swim cap before I left home for just this occasion. Today I thought I was doing really well - I got it on my head with minimal embarrassment, it didn't slip around much, I was swimming streamline like a true fish without hair getting caught in my mouth. I was pretty proud of myself, until I took off the cap and realized that my hair was soaking wet underneath. FAIL.

Comments

  1. I don't think the swimming cap is suposed to keep you hair dry, but make you more streamlined gliding through the water. I think?

    Glad you are having fun. Mom and I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts