On the road again, Day One

Tour launch! ... was pretty uneventful. We left at 9:30am from the KC, and ended up in South Carolina around 7pm. The van feels a little tight at 8 people, and we are even missing one crew member who is flying to meet us in Florida.

You know you are on the road when you go to Cracker Barrel. Yum. Those menus are overwhelming because everything just looks so good, and there is so much to choose from! I am doing my best to try to eat healthy. Had salad for lunch and fish for dinner. Day one - successful. Day two - month 5, TBA.

We have a full day of driving again tomorrow. They didn't get to my turn today, but I did "navigate" for which really only meant I got to be iPod-DJ. I'll probably end up driving in the afternoon tomorrow. We make a pitstop every two hours, which is kinda nice.

So far on day one - we are all still friends! There is a whole lot of laughter. Its a good group. I've heard that past groups didn't even talk to each other.

There is a wide spread of ages amongst our jolly band, ranging from late 30s - 23 (i.e., I'm the youngest). Our favorite car game so far has been "How old was Brittany when I ...." "Saw my first Rated R Movie," "Got my first speeding ticket," "Touched my first boob," etc The answer is usually -1 to 4 years old.

On to Florida tomorrow!

Comments

Popular Posts