The streets of Philadelphia


Hotel lobby in Downtown Philly

We travel in style!! We had a few days off (saved up I guess?) and instead of spending them near home in Baltimore as originally planned, we were re-routed to Philadelphia. The local-DCites were a bit down about this fact...but it all turned out for the best. Turns out that Philly rocks. Surprise, surprise.

I had never been there before. To me, it was a step down in intensity from NYC, but a step up in the clean, austere feeling you get from walking around NE DC. I was in a cheesy tourist heaven. I saw the Liberty bell, the constitution museam, Betsy Ross' house, Benjamin Franklin's grave....

Happy customers.

And stuffed my face with an original cheesesteak. Two cheesesteaks, actually. Well - half of one, and half of the other. There are two dueling cheesesteak stands that both claim to be the original/best Philly cheesesteak, and of course my big mouth was up to the challenge.

I can visibly see the effects of my trip to Philly on my body. Disgusting. I'm blaming this one/two cheesesteak(s).


Comments

Popular Posts