Don't Mess with Texas (its true)

Had two fantastic shows in south-east Texas the other day. We've been to some hospitable theaters on the road, but this one takes the cake.

One other theater is closely tied for this "home-away-from-home" spot, i.e., they fed us a lot and were really nice to us. The difference between this theater and that theater is - down home southern cooking.

About 15 of the theater's volunteer organized a pot-luck style lunch for us, and they each brought their specialty. Gumbo, bean ham-hock (I'd never heard of this before), taco soup, deviled eggs, cabbage salad, and of course, carrot cake and all kinds of brownies. Going down the buffet line, if you refused a dish, it was like you were insulting that family's legacy. So I ate a little bit of everything. And I was full.

Again - I haven't had one bad meal in the south. If I lived here permanently, I'd be 25 pounds heavier. Its definitely time to go home.

Comments

Popular Posts