Cruisin down the 101

Literally, "Sittin' on a corner in Winslow, Arizona" - Thanks, Eagles


You start driving into California and you can see the mountains in the distance. I-40W is a stunning drive.

Its been a rather eventful past few days. As soon as we got into the hotel, my friend and I picked up our rental car, and did not waste any time getting to know the area. We dropped another castmate off at a metro stop, and as we were pulling away, we thought, "Wow, this is a rough area, I hope she'll be okay." Then we saw the signs for "Compton Ave" as we were pulling away...Thats one side of L.A. I hadn't planned on sight-seeing!

We drove around the Long Beach area, and saw the Queen Mary, which was the "original" cruise ship, and has now been converted into a hotel.

The next morning we had a couple of shows, and immediately after I raced to two auditions in the L.A. area. Afterwards, we drove into downtown L.A. and saw the Avenue of the stars, the Kodak theater, the Chinese Theater, the Hollywood sign etc. Turns out I have the exact same size hands and feet as Susan Sarandon.

We drove into Beverly Hills and through Rodeo Drive. Although the stores were closed, the displays and store fronts were so visually stunning that it made my jaw drop. Designer stores, beautiful trees, beautiful cars...Every other car was either an Audi or BMW.


US-101

Today we drove a few hours north to Santa Maria for another audition. The drive on 101-N was stunning - through hills and along the California coastline. We passed cows and vineyards and the occasional surfer. Somehow a 3 hour highway drive isn't so bad when there is scenery to admire.

Tomorrow we are going to Universal Studios!

And on another note -

This is what happens to your suitcase when you are living out of it - Occasionally you have to buy a new one.

And so I bid farewell to Baby Beluga, who has travelled around the world with me. She's been to Italy, Israel twice, Kentucky, whatever vacations my parents have been on, and now across the continental United States. She is being replaced by a cute little purple number, who has a 10 year warranty. Goodbye friend, you were a great suitcase (except when you broke on me when I was across the country from home).


Comments

  1. Good call on the purple luggage -- I have a purple suitcase and it's always easy to pick out of a lineup. ;)

    Glad to hear things are still going well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts