State of mind

The funny thing about traveling across the country, is that eventually, you accept everywhere as your home. Sometimes I feel homesick when I'm traveling in the van, but then once we check into a Marriott, or a Holiday Inn Express that is always decorated the same no matter where you are, I feel like I'm back at square one. Driving into a new town, I look out the window, note the restaurants around, a few stores, and mentally accept that this is my home for the next day, three days, week. Its not so bad. Its all a state of mind.

Comments

  1. It must be strange, traveling so much and yet feeling like you're in the same place. I've heard that's even true about artists who travel around the world, as one hotel room looks the same as the next.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts