Three times...is enough

We drove back through Oregon for the third time in two weeks. A year ago, I never thought I'd go to Oregon in my entire life.

It was a pretty drive, winding roads through hills topped with snow. I hate to say it, but after two weeks of the same view, I'm ready to see something new, or just go back home, where it is flat.

I am (sort-of) getting my wish. I am traveling across the country for literally 19 hours at home. Why you ask? For an audition. Its all about lining up my next gig at this point. I wish I could luxuriate in the love and familiarity of home for a while, but no such luck. I am needed for a rehearsal in Wyoming (so frustrating) immediately the next day. Its times like this that I feel like I'm actually working.

Right now I'm in Boise, ID. On the drive over we passed through some onion farms that had such a strong stench, you would have thought someone was sauteing onions on the stove right behind you. The smell got stuck in the van, kind of like when you drive by manure or a skunk, and I feel like I need to wash the clothes I was wearing.

Comments

Popular Posts