Washington State



Deception Pass, Mount Vernon, WA

This week I've been spending time in another state I never thought I'd go to - Washington.

I went to visit my girlfriend from College who lives in a suburb type area, which is an hour and a half outside of Seattle. It consists of farming and local businesses, and is not far from a Navy base, which is where her husband works. On a clear day, which we were blessed with, you are granted a view of the mountains that surround the town.

We went hiking around Deception Pass, which is named as such because of the deceptively strong currents that run along the hills and beaches there. It was a lovely hike. We saw an otter, and I've been told that sometimes there are bald eagles. All the while, Navy planes were flying overhead.

After a great stay at my friends house, I went back to my incredible hotel in downtown Seattle. Went exploring and saw the famous Pike Place Market, which is home to the original Starbucks.

Funny story - because there is a Starbucks on Pike Square, I took a lot of pictures of it, and got a drink, thinking it was the original one. Turns out, the original Starbucks was much dingier and was two blocks down the street.

Pike Place Market

At the Pike Place Market were little shops, arts & crafts vendors, and a fresh fish and produce market. It reminded me the first scene of My Fair Lady.

Went to the historical downtown district to go on the underground city tour. In 1890 the business district of Seattle burnt down, leaving the city with a dilemma on how to rebuild its businesses and roads. The end result was a series of underground tunnels and rooms existing below the new city of Seattle. It was pretty cool.

Went to the Space Needle, but honestly, it was too expensive to go up to the top. Just took a picture from down below.

I've had seafood 3/4 nights I've been here. About to have it again tonight. Yum.


Comments

Popular Posts