6 States in 2 days

Today has felt like a dream.
Flying home for a 3 minute audition. How ridiculous. I didn’t even get to actually step foot inside of my house. I was squeezed into an audition group (that was not my originally scheduled time), and had barely enough time to zip up my dress and slap on some lipstick before I heard them calling, “Brittany, chop-chop!” Did I compose myself? Heck no. I can hardly remember my audition. I think I did decently – I’ve done this audition “package” before – same song, monologue, even the dress and shoes. I thought about changing it up, but honestly, these last few days have been so hectic I just didn’t want to think about. I think I got the same laugh in the same place in the monologue, from the same auditor as last year, too. I’ll take that as a good sign.
Thank god I had lunch with my Mom. I’ve been imagining her face for the last few weeks – how comforting she is and how much I needed that moment to get me through the next month on the road. My parents are amazing…. In between my Dad acting as my secretary, printing and stapling 40 headshots for me, and my Mom playing the ultimate taxi driver today…. I can’t believe how lucky I am to have such supportive parents. I know you are reading this…..you might be the only ones (lol)…..I LOVE YOU! THANK YOU!
Back to the airport, back to flying. As the plane took off, I watched my favorite city, covered in snow and fading further and further away. The Capital, the Whitehurst Freeway and 66, the Washington Monument, the Lincoln Memorial, and the Reflecting Pool turned icy and gray. Eventually the fog got too thick, and the plane ascended into a cloud of white, all white.

Comments

  1. I'm reading! ;)

    What a crazy couple of days. You must have just missed the snow here (luckily, or else who knows what more craziness could have ensued).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be your secretary anytime.

    I'm sorry I did not get a chance to see you but glad that you and Mom were abe to connect. See you next Month. Be safe.

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read it too, sweetie! Glad you got in and out before the storm - I know your audition was MAHVELOUS, see you in a few weeks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts