"Two Pickets to Titsburgh"

(My Dad came up with the title of this post.)


Pittsburgh Courthouse was built in 1840, but in a 16th century Roman Architectural style

Drove 450 miles round trip to Pittsburgh for an audition. How many people are driving that much for work? I wonder.

Another beautiful day for driving. Taking 70 and 76 W, we didn't hit a lot of traffic and saw the rolling green hills of Maryland and Pennsylvania. Oddly enough, many of the trees are red right now, and it almost looks like fall.

My co-pilot and I arrived in Pittsburgh around 2:30, I was seen early for my appointment, and was given the luxury of singing a song from start to finish. This is the auditioning equivalent of a catered lunch. No waiting, smiling happy auditors, and not being rushed through 16 crappy bars.

How many different building styles and textures can you find in this one picture?

Downtown Pitt is very nice. I was struck by the many styles of architecture. You are walking in what appears to be a business/financial district with tall, severe buildings and you come upon a castle with a bridge! No, you are not back in ancient Rome, but just at the Pittsburgh County Courtroom and Jailhouse.

I am assuming that there is no subway system, because there were so many people waiting for the bus! At first I thought, "Wow, there are an awful lot of people loitering."

All in all, a great audition and a great day! I might be home from tour but the traveling is certainly not over.

Comments

Popular Posts