Moving!

Capitol by night

The cool thing about my new job is that it forces me to get over my inherent hatred and disgust of the WMATA and go downtown several times a week. A few weeks ago I worked an event at the Library of Congress, and when I left, sweaty and exhausted, I was greeted by a stunning night-time view of the capitol building.

Sometimes its easy to loose focus on your goals, and last week I was definitely feeling that. Stress from a new job, working too much, not getting much positive feedback from work. This weekend I took a full two days off (oh luxury), and had a very happy change of events. I found an apartment! I'll be moving to downtown Bethesda come June.

Downtown Bethesda is a great area, with a urban feel in a suburban setting. Many shops and restaurants within walking distance, as well as the metro. It very family oriented, and the neighborhood tends to quiet down around 10pm. Just going to view the apartment I saw many young professionals my age and young families. Exactly where I want to be. I can't wait to get in there and get painting! I also need a good moving company. Any suggestions?

Things are looking up!



Comments

Popular Posts