In my own little corner


Honey, I'm home! The apartment is officially moved into. I keep walking around it going, "Wow, I live here. It looks like I actually live here." It doesn't feel real. My commute to work which normally took 30-45 minutes took 8 minutes, and the commute to NW DC took 15 minutes flat. Incredible.

Its a nice space to start the next phase of my life. Too bad I got sick immediately after I unpacked the last box. (You can read all about that here, on my Unscripted blog.) The doc said I have swollen glands, blah blah blah, gave me a Z-pack and sent me on my way. Antibiotics are a miracle drug, I'd sing their praises if I still had a voice (ha-ha). Yesterday I was watching the Home Shopping Network in a daze, and today I'm back at work. Lets see if I have full usage of my singing voice by my next rehearsal on Saturday.

Singing in the choir for the Brahms Requiem next week. Rehearsals have been so enjoyable! I love this music, its like a flash back to college Chamber Singers. Somehow I remember my German diction, but that doesn't stop the lady sitting next to me from leaning over unsolicited and correcting my vowels.

Comments

Popular Posts