Such a Wagoner as Phaethon



This week has had a rather eventful turnaround. What I assumed to be a calm and normal sequence of days has invariably turned up several auditions and an excuse to brush up on my Shakespeare!

Seems like there is a lot of commercial and movie casting going on in the area right now, I've been offered TV/Film auditions at least twice a week lately, which is more frequent than the usual.....er.....once in a blue moon. Maybe female-Caucasian-20 somethings are making a comeback! Awesome. Call me in. I can pretend to order pancakes or cheer at your football game (although I should probably review the sports rules before I go).

Actually doing a Shakespearean monologue this weekend. I'm totally jazzed! I've been practicing my dream monologue from Romeo & Juliet, act 3 scene 2. When I was at KSF last summer it was my favorite part of the show - I would stop whatever I was doing and almost hold my breath. Something about the rhythm and word choice stirs me. It would be nice to book this job!

And for your viewing pleasure, my favorite version of the monologue on youtube:


Comments

Popular Posts