Diversify


Dumbarton Oaks

Summer is a slow time for stage actors; auditions creak to a halt, less shows to see. How the heck do you keep from going crazy?

D...D....D.....Diversify. (ooo I'm tossing out some of my marketing knowledge here.)

This summer in an effort to diversify I've explored other, more busy, related branches of the performing arts. I'm making an effort to audition for more commercial and film work. I was an extra in a CarMax commercial a few weeks ago, and will be filming another commercial this Friday.

I actually saw it on TV today! Unfortunately, I'm not in it. I suppose my motivated walking across the showroom floor didn't make it across the cutting room.

Auditions for indie/student films are still going strong.

I signed up on ModelMayhem.com to make contacts with local photographers and build my portfolio. I did a really interesting photo shoot in the Dumbarton gardens last week, pictures soon to follow. Since you don't need to be 5'7" to be a lifestyle or portrait model, I'm very interested in exploring this field. The acting and dance training really comes in handy - the ability to access a variety of emotions and being in touch with your body is important.

My next theater gig starts November 1. Three very long months away...gotta find ways to fill the calendar!

Comments

Popular Posts