Loosing My Mind (literally)


How to choose the right song for an audition? There are some really exciting auditions coming to town in three weeks. I am mentally preparing myself NOW, so that I am ready, in advance. I will break myself of procrastinating until the last minute and giving mediocre auditions that leave me dissatisfied.

When I asked him for song ideas, my college professor responded with two huge stacks of xerox'd goodness. I literally have a whole bookshelf of music - it could keep me singing for days! I am going through my collection with a fine comb today, looking for gems and fresh pieces to revamp my audition selections.

It is so hard when an audition call asks for a piece, "in the style of the show." Ultimately you should sing what you feel most comfortable with and that shows you off, but what if you don't have anything already prepared in that musical style?

Time to hit the books, I suppose.

No nerves now. Time and extra preparation will (hopefully) see me through.

(Or are you just being kind?)

(Or am I loosing my mind?)

(Yes, Brittany.)

Comments

Popular Posts