What Kind of a Name is Earl?

Image taken on Alek's Iphone 4. I want one...

Greetings from Carolina Beach! No worries, Hurricane Earl didn't stop here at all; we got approximately 4 drops of rain. The weather here was heart wrenching lovely today.

Spent today on the beach, people watching, and looking out at the waves. Something about the beach is very calming to me, and it especially got me thinking about where I am right now professionally, where I was only a year ago, and where I'd like to be a year from now. So much can happen in just one year, and I have to keep reminding myself that just because things aren't moving fast right now, or because I don't even know what the next 6 months will bring, it doesn't mean that I'm not making great progress. Sometimes we have to remember to stop and give ourselves permission to pat ourselves on the back. I usually forget to do that.

There are four of us here at the beach and we are slowly adjusting to Internet with drawl. The first day here everyone was obsessively checking their phones, computers, etc. The information age! Here we are on a beautiful coastal town chatting on instant messenger with friends back home. Funny.

Have a happy labor day!

Comments

Popular Posts