Library Time Warp

The view off of Testudo's Back in front of McKeldin Library
So here I am, feeling a little sick on my day off, and my phone rings. I let it go to voicemail, because I'm feeling a bit cranky. Later I listen to the voicemail, and turns out I have an audition for a show that I've admired for years! I wake up right away and start to get my shit together.

I needed a new contemporary comedic monologue. I needed it ASAP and don't have the extra cash for express Amazon shipping, so I roused up a list of plays and hop over to the University of Maryland's campus. They have the best library system in the area.

The Clarice Smith Performing Arts Library has a great collection of plays, older and contemporary, that my public library system lacks. Their musical section, libretto and CD is likewise humongous; something I enjoyed tremendously during undergrad. I was able to find a stack of 10 books, and get cracking!

All that being said, going back to the campus of my Alma Mater was like visiting a foreign country. Every single student was in a sweatshirt, and they just seemed so young. Ahh, college.

Comments

  1. Ah, to be young and a student again.

    Coming from someone working in sweats today: sweats > pants.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts