Tech Time

George Washington University
NW DC is so lovely this time of year. The leaves are crisp shades of red and orange, ready to explode from their branches, before the entire city turns grey for four months. In a way, I feel like I'm rediscovering my hometown, because last fall I was on the road.

On my lunch break today I took a stroll through George Washington's campus to meet a friend at our favorite coffee shop, Casey's Coffee. Again, stepping onto a college campus is like entering another universe, but this time, the entities were better dressed. One of my favorite games to play on GWU's campus is "Name That Bag!"Sit me on a park bench, and its a designer-watching-wonderland.

In other news: We are in tech at the KC! For those of you who may not know, tech, or "hell week," is when the play meets all of its technical elements such as set, props, costumes, lighting, sound cues, mics, etc. The process can sometimes be trying, as it requires much repetition and patience on everyone's behalf. I personally find it to be fun - its the first time you see the show truly come together. Not to sound corny...but its the work behind the "magic" to the theater.

Tomorrow I'm filling in (just for rehearsal) for one of the actresses who has a rehearsal conflict. I am in the cast for one day! I'll be wearing her costumes, and shellacking on the familiar stage makeup.

Even though this is just a rehearsal - I am so excited to try on this character, become a part of this show, and to just....be on the stage as opposed to observing it. Being an understudy is a double edged sword; most of the time you get to relax and observe, but when someone calls out, you need to be prepared to perform the role with little to no group rehearsal. I'm ready! I'm pumped! ! ! !

Comments

Popular Posts