Wishing & Hoping & Thinking & Praying

The KC @ Night

Today was technically my "day off" but there's really no such thing in the life of an actor. Back to the KC I go, but this time for an audition!

I tried out a new contemporary-comedic monologue, and the first time out, I'm always nervous. Its like watching a little baby walk for the first time; will he fall and hit his head and burst into snotty tears, or will everyone be happy and smile on encouragingly?

(Right, that was a weird metaphor.) Anyways, the auditors laughed! They gave me an adjustment, and there was more laughter the second time (hallelujah). They will be making calls later today about callbacks, so you know I'm right by that telephone a-wishing and a-waiting.

No matter the outcome, I'm happy I submitted for this audition, was selected for an appointment, and tried out some (hopefully) successful new material! I will count that as a good audition in my book.

I don't want to speculate or get my hopes up because auditions are so subjective, but I can say that my audition skills are improving - thank you, summer & fall classes!

Comments

Popular Posts