I Can See!

Did you miss me?

Well guess what I was doing...

BAM!
Getting these crazy eyes fixed! I had Intralase Lasik done by the fine folks at the TLC Laser Eye Care Center in Rockville, MD. Doing my procedure was Dr. Whitten, the literal king of Lasik-land with over 75,000 procedures under his belt. Everyone in his office was supportive, tremendously helpful, knowledgeable, and really put me at ease.

As a performer, having contacts and glasses has been a constant pain. While on stage, dust and dry air would cause discomfort. The only alternative would be to wear my glasses, which do not always fit into the "life" of the character, and I certainly could not take a step onstage with no vision correction. At -7.0 in both eyes, life was not safe without carrying my glasses in my purse just in case my contacts dried out.

As soon as the procedure was done and I opened my eyes, I could see, although slightly blurry. This procedure is something close to a miracle; especially for people like myself who have always been "the girl with the coke-bottle glasses."

@ 16 and already with thick glasses, although apparently in good spirits.

No more glasses! I already donated about 4 old pairs. I really should have taken a picture.

Comments

Popular Posts