D & S in 2010

Time to take a look back at 2010 and reflect.

January

California on the US 101
Back on the road! I was able to check a long time goal off my bucket list - to drive across the country. We drove from Washington, D.C., to Oklahoma in two days, and then from Oklahoma to California in another two days. What a way to get back in the touring spirit. 

I saw the mid-west for the first time in my life. I watched in awe as the land changed colors and texture out the window of our van. I had amazing food in New Mexico, and my suitcase finally died when we reached California. I was terrified whilst driving in the rain on the hills of Oregon, and caught up with good friends in Washington state. All while doing the best job in the entire world for audiences of appreciative kids. 

February

Iowa

Visited a state I had long fantasized about; Wyoming. When I was a little kid, I had a notion that Wyoming didn't actually exist, because I had never met anyone who had ever been there. I was finally proven wrong, and learned that, I wasn't missing out on much. 

I ate at Perkin's Restaurant four times in one week. (Its the small things on tour that bring you happiness.) I saw Idaho, Colorado, Texas, Kansas, and Iowa for the first time. We were plagued with snow, but not nearly as much snow as my family back home, thanks to the "snow-mageddon."

March...April...May




Said goodbye to my life on tour - only to come home to have no idea what the future would hold. 

Moving back home was definitely a challenge and a transitional time for me. I had been blessed with theater opportunities for a solid year, and now I was home with no solid plans. I slowly formulated a plan and reconfigured my life living in one place. It was a time of recharging and reconnecting. 

In June I moved and started training again, July brought new friends and new thoughts on health, August was pleasantly surprising with new job opportunities. September brought more modeling to my portfolio, but was also rife with challenges, aka, bed bugs. Have you ever washed everything you own? I don't recommend it.

October took me back to one of my favorite places, the KC. In November I was a bit compulsive and bought a car, but it turns out to be one of the best decisions I made all year. Every morning I wake up with a smile on my face as I get behind the wheel. December brought something I've been dreaming about for a long time - my vision was corrected by Lasik surgery. Each morning feels like a new lease on life, as cheesy as that sounds. I wake up, and I see. Its so simple; its so beautiful. 

Looking forward to 2011, believe me when I say, I have no idea what will come! There's a sense of strange comfort, knowing that my life cannot have the same pattern month to month. I have a sense of what I would like to happen; but anything is possible. Anything is possible. I promise to keep dreaming and scheming into the New Year.

Comments

Popular Posts