Shitload of Sheetmusic


I own so much photocopied music. At my apartment, I have a partial collection of 12 enormous binders, organized alphabetically by genre. But you know what? I only really use one of those binders regularly. I like having all of this music for reference; just in case I need to pull a song from Flower Drum Song. Do I usually sing songs from Flower Drum Song? No!

I'm tired of all this musical baggage weighing me down (literally. Paper is really, really heavy). I am digitizing my sheet music! This way, if I need to review music I can look it up on my computer, or print a quick excerpt. No more worries about loosing my audition book, because it will be backed up. This is a tedious project that reeks a little bit of my first data entry job, but I think it will be worth it.

Its quite a project, all my music is strewn in piles across my living room. I've been working on it for several hours and I'm only through letter I in the Musical Theater binder. This is going to take a while...but it will sure be less flammable by the time I'm finished.

As I was schlepping my 5 pound audition book around NYC last week, I was wondering if I could put my digital sheet music on an iPad. Would pianists be happy to work with that? It would be so much lighter than those heavy binders and I could be certain to have all the music I ever wanted with me. Paper is going out of style.

Comments

Popular Posts