Pantry Challenge III: Chickpeas & Raisins

Garbanzo, How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...

This dish has a fresh Mediterranean flava to it. I was totally inspired by Emily at the Daily Garnish with her Lemon Garbanzo Beans with Mint and Raisins recipe, but alas, I didn't have any mint leaves. Super sad face. Here's what I ended up with.

1 can of chickpeas
1/2 cup onions, finely diced
1 tbsp olive oil
However many raisins you fancy
1 tbsp cumin
Generous shake of salt & pepper
1/2 lemon

In a bowl combine chickpeas, onions, and raisins. Drizzle with olive oil. Add cumin, salt and pepper. Add lemon juice.

Let it chill in fridge to marinate for a few hours.

Heat chickpea salad over stove while your rice is cooking. Combine for a warm and filling meal!

Comments

  1. Love this and the previous recipe. I'll try them. Thanks. Good pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Levonne! Let me know how they turn out for you. Your blog is great - what an adventure!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts