Blue-Grey


New York City can mirror how you are feeling in any given moment. The second day I was here the sun was shining and the sky was the most incredible shade of blue. I felt really terrific about my audition and extremely optimistic about my new life in the city. It was like everything was speaking my language, and could only boost my good mood.


But the weather changes, as does that way you can feel in any given moment. On my second day of commuting into the city, the suddenness and swiftness of my life changing started to weigh heavy on my shoulders. I was missing home; and the city seemed to reflect that back to me.

The sky was gray, the train was slow, strangers seemed to turn their backs to me.


Many of the audition studios are located in the Fashion District of town. People watching is fantastic. Women in fur coats and store after store of shiny textiles. The architecture is so unique and worn in this part of town, and the buildings just seem ... so tall. 


But here's the zinger: you only get back what you put out. If you are sending out good vibes, the city seems to hug you closer and whisper in your ear, you can do it. Sending out unhappiness, it seems cold and dirty. Its all a choice. My choice.

Isn't it funny how quickly your life can change? One year ago, I came home from tour with no plan, nine months ago I moved out of my parents house, one month ago I made the sudden decision to move to New York. There is nothing to do but look forward and keep growing, but when I look back, I realize that life is so...fluid.

Comments

Popular Posts