Patty's Parade

Happy St. Patrick's Day! My friend Liz, another recent DC - NY transplant, and I both had the day off to check out the St. Patty's day parade marching down 5th Avenue. Can I tell you that I've never seen so many bagpipes in my entire life? We were joking that each group of bagpipes marched twenty blocks, had a quick costume change, and then turned right back around again. 



High School Marching Band...oh the memories.



Yes, that is an all-female marching band of fifes and glockenspiels. In skirts. With boot tassels.


Look how clean and sharp this military band is marching. All of their shadows line up perfectly and their legs are raised at the same angle.


We could not have asked for a more beautiful day outside. The sun was shining, it was a solid 60 degrees, and my face was finally warmed by the sun. I took my first ever stroll through Central Park.


I could get used to this.

Comments

Popular Posts