Passover



I've had a lot of happiness lately; some good friends came to visit, and I'm seeing my new friends supporting me in ways I didn't expect.

Somehow this outpouring of closeness is making me feel...discombobulated. I can feel the door of one life-chapter closing, and another one opening. I'm growing and stretching as a person; will my older relationships stretch with me? Isn't that the truest test of relationships, that they evolve over time?




My new friends humored me as I threw a Seder to celebrate Passover. Not one of them was Jewish, but they knew that the holiday was meaningful to me and that celebrating it made me feel closer to home. We shared one Haggadah to read the Passover story; a rather goofy coloring book. Our table was made out of an old door propped up on a bucket; but we covered it with a table cloth and it was beautiful.




I was a maniac, cooking all day. I made my very first brisket. Somehow I felt like this was a truer test of my adulthood in the Jewish culture than my Bat Mitzvah; I know I will make many more briskets in my lifetime. My Bat Mitzvah was a one-time deal.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts