Why Is This Night Different From All Other Nights?

So what food did I make for Passover?

A whole lot of delicious, filling food.

Lets start with the pièce de résistance, the brisket.


'

Using my mother's recipe, I rubbed a four pound brisket cut of beef in salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and smothered with chopped onion. Then into the pan went the spice equivalent of Lipton's onion soup (I forgot to buy it at the store, so I had to be creative), some barbecue sauce, and a can of beer. Throw in a whole lotta veggies, and three hours later, we had some melt in your mouth meat. 

(Yes, I tried a piece. More on that in another entry.)

A also made some Matzoh ball soup. I used the Streit's box mix, but found that it wouldn't be enough for 5 hungry boys; and tried my hand at making a few balls from scratch. It was pretty easy - I had some Matzoh crackers on hand. I mashed them finely in a bag, and added some oil and egg, and boiled them as I did the packaged mix. They had a thicker texture than the box, but tasted pretty much the same. 


{via}


Most people haven't experienced the joy of Kugel; and that is why there are so many wars. This is a sweet, noodle casserole dish in which my Grandma is a Grand-Olympic champion. I tried a new Kosher-for-Passover recipe, which meant the noodles were made from egg instead of wheat; it tasted the same. The filling is made of cottage cheese, sour cream, apples, and raisins. 


{via}


I made an unreal amount of Charoset; which is a diced apple, walnut, raisin dish symbolizing the mortar that the Jewish people used to build the pyramids of Egypt. The most delicious pyramids of Egypt, that is. 




Dinner was followed by a heaping plate of Esther's Revenge Macaroons, the recipe which is Top Secret. If I told you, I'd have to kill you.

Comments

  1. I was wondering about that brisket, MUSTN'T the chef taste everything she makes? How did your stomach hold up?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts