Interstate Hustle

I had some excellent audition opportunities take me home to Washington, D.C. this Friday. It was not without its travel ups and downs.

I gave myself an hour from my apartment to get to the bus stop at Penn Station, which is more than enough time.

Wrong.

Due to strong rain storms, signaling was off in the subway tunnel, consequently delaying the trains. It took 25 minutes to move two stops. I knew I'd miss my bus.

Exasperated, I hop off the subway and attempt to hail a taxi. A driver leans out the window, "Where you going?"

"Mid-town."

"Oh, I don't want to go there. Sorry."

And then he drove away, leaving me very late. Picky taxi drivers.

I approach a man in a business suit, also hailing a taxi. There are a lot of people with the same idea as me; we all need to get to midtown during rush hour. Myself and four fine residents of Astoria share a gypsy cab to mid town.

At this point I had missed my bus by 15 minutes, and as I'm trucking it to the MegaBus stop, I pass a charter bus that says "Washington" on it, and buy a cash ticket, and hop aboard.

Comments

  1. I hate that the cabs are there to give you a service and they can pick and choose if they want to go to that neighborhood. It's a gross injustice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts