Beauty

Lincoln Center
 This week I started a "survival" job working at the Metropolitan Opera. No, its not a job singing there (I wish...one day); I'm just working in sales.

I have been super picky about the type of non-performance work I want to do. Although all of my friends here are working in food service, I just had a feeling that it would distract me too much from my goals here in New York.

I'm really happy I held out for this job; it is in a beautiful location and I'm surrounded by music and other artists. I love listening to the nightly performances; plus the building is truly spectacular. Like most larger venues, there are all sorts of underground hallways snaking around the stage. To go to the cafeteria, I pass the stage door and get a glimpse of the ballerinas shuffling to their next entrance.



Plus, when I leave work, I get to see the incredible Lincoln Center entirely lit. It leaves my mornings open for auditions, and in the evenings I'm helping people who love opera. I still get a kick every time I walk up the front steps. I'm at the Met!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts