Lets play Spin the Celebrity!

New York is such a hodge-podge of culture and ethnicity. Here, more than any other place I've lived, people ask me about my background. Back home I'm just another Jewish girl, but here I'm Argentinian, Irish, and yes, have recently been told I look like a gypsy.

Someone swore to me up and down that I look like Italian actress Monica Bellucci, best known for her role in the Matrix 3.

A young Monica Bellucci

Later in the same week, someone told me I look like Merle Oberon, an old movie actress from the 30s.

Merle Oberon
I've also gotten Maya Rudolph quite a bit lately.

Funny girl Maya

Sometimes I get a Jennifer Gray thrown in for good measure.

Pre-nose-job


What do you think?

Late night greasy impromptu iPhoto pic, complete with incomplete heaven background! 
Whoops...I meant to post this one...

That's more like it. 

Comments

  1. Those are very different interpretations of your supposed doppleganger! I don't really see it... maybe Oberon is the easiest to imagine for me, with the cheek bones and just the spacing of her facial features and the fierce look...

    I did a post like this a while back, too. It's always so interesting which celebrities people will pick out for you!

    http://charcoalrenderings.blogspot.com/2011/03/doppleganger-season.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I would LOVE to see him in New York. It's a bit of a trek for me though--I'm based in Atlanta. But I am definitely putting it on my list for when I get up there. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know that she got a nose job, until I saw this now. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts