Moving, Pt 2


Last night I packed up all of my belongings in preparation for my first day of moving. I wanted to split the move into two days to lighten the burden.

Today I packed up one carload of belongings, drove to my new apartment, and dropped them off in my new living room within the span of two hours. I had no idea it would be so simple!

One of the lessons I learned from moving last time is that it is better to pack more boxes light enough to comfortably carry than it is to have less boxes that are heavy as rocks. I'm trying to treat my back nicely these days.

All thats left are my heavier belongings, like my big-mamma suitcase, and my friend will give me a hand finishing the move tomorrow. My bed will be delivered and brought up the stairs, so there are no worries about moving the biggest, bulkiest object.

My current room looks so empty now. I've had a lot of adventures living in this house, but I am ready to move onto a space that is mine and not borrowed.

As I was moving my things into the living room today, the landlord was painting on a fresh coat of paint to my room. I'm so excited to hang my favorite pieces of artwork so it truly becomes my room. I bought a few cute throw pillows and decorations from IKEA to bring the room together. I can't wait to unpack and start living the newest chapter of my life!

Ah, the gypsy life. 9 months here, 4 months there, ? months here....

Comments

Popular Posts