Flea Festivities

As I mentioned in my last post, Shannon and I perused through four different flea markets in one afternoon.



Behold: Artisans and Fleas in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. This fair was more geared towards local artisans. There was a mix between vintage clothing and hand crafted designs. Although many things were interesting and beautiful, this fair was a little pricey for me. Why would I buy a vintage dress for $75 when I can buy a new one? Only in trendy Brooklyn.

We headed to 24th street and 6th avenue for two hidden flea markets located inside of an empty parking garage. I would have never known these places existed if someone hadn't lead me there.


These fairs were more like, "lets throw all our crap onto a small, crowded table. I found these markets to be a bit overwhelming because there was so much to look at, but my friend was so good at picking the beautiful from the ordinary. She'd spot something and point it out, and I had never even noticed it.

Our third adventure was in a small vintage jewelry store on 25th street and 7th avenue. Imagine a small closet filled, ceiling to floor, with your grandmother's sparkliest costumery. I swear, only in New York.

Comments

Popular Posts