Peaches and Fresh Mozzarella

I was devouring this so fast I almost forgot to take a picture!

Ever since my friend forwarded me this recipe from Southern Living, I could not stop thinking about! I have never, not once in my life thought to grill a peach.

When it came time to throw it together, I didn't really feel like getting out my food processor (which is back with me in New York, yay!), and have a two-step meal process. I wanted to eat right then and there. Here are my modifications, which tasted delicious! A great, light meal for a hot day.

2 peaches
fresh mozzarella
1 tbsp dried cilantro
a drizzle of honey

(portions for one serving.)

Cut your peaces into medallions. Prep your sauté pan with some non-stick spray. Coat peaches in cilantro flakes, and place on pan. Pan sear on each side for about 5 minutes until warm and having the appearance of being "cooked." Drizzle with a bit of honey and let simmer another 2 minutes. Serve ontop of mozzarella medallions.

The combination of sweet and creamy is divine! Peaches are so delicious by themselves that they don't need much extra flavoring, but the cilantro adds a savory twist.

Comments

  1. Yummy! I'll have to try this. I've been buying peaches every week lately. Glad you like your new place. You write a good blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting the blog, David!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts