Changing Lanes

Public Library for the Performing Arts
I am wowed by your support since yesterday's post! Although I can say that I don't care what people think until I'm blue in the face, it really does make me feel great when people support my decisions. Its proof that I'm not alone in this crazy journey.

One of my worst (or arguably best) personality traits is that if I don't want to do something, I just won't do it. I'm so stubborn; if I don't want to do a particular chore or pretend to be friends with someone I just don't care for, I won't do it. I'll avoid the situation, walk away, or tell them to their face that I am unavailable.

In a lot of regards this is a horrible habit, because we really do need to suck it up and deal with unpleasantness sometimes. On the other hand, its my gut instinct guiding me into situations and relationships that I'm fully committed to.

I've been on the fence about opera and applying to grad school for the last three years, since I completely burnt out from school. Now I have a better head on my shoulders, a good idea of the commitment and study it takes. I'm ready.

I'm ready! Wooohooo!

Comments

Popular Posts