Back on Track

The past two months or so I've almost completely abandoned my former pesce-tarian lifestyle. The cravings for meat were so strong and I couldn't help myself. I relapsed!

Eating meat was such a delicious experience after abstaining for about ten months. I have to say that my taste for chicken is completely gone, but I still crave beef and even bacon.

However, only the first few bites taste good enough to satisfy the craving. Once I'm half-way through that hamburger, I don't even taste the meat anymore, it doesn't taste that good, and yet I can't stop myself.

Since I have been incorporating meat back into my diet 2+ times a week, my headaches have started to creep back into my life. Yesterday I felt on the brink of a horrible episode all day. Being off my prescription medicine for some time now, I was scared that I'd have to leave work early and crawl into bed.

It was at that moment I made the decision to cut the meat back out of my diet. For the nine months I was pesce-tarian, I had remarkably no migraine episodes. I think that my body just can't process animal products productively, and the result are headaches. You are what you eat, and I've been eating pretty junky. The result should be obvious.

Good-bye to meat and hello to eating like a granola-hippie. Last night at my Italian friend's house I had liver pate and lemon chicken until I was fit to burst. I think that was an excellent farewell to deliciousness.

Comments

Popular Posts