Drive By Tourism


Although my temp job required me to be at the office at 7:30 this morning (which made my soul shrivel a bit), I was pleasantly surprised to walk right by the filming of the Today Show in Rockefeller Center.

Their windows are generally covered, but you can peek through to see the news anchor desk. I think I saw Natalie Morales, anchoring the show, live! Although I've been on sets before, this one felt really cool because I've never seen a television show set, let alone one being filmed live. There were quite a few people waiting outside to be apart of the "crowd" shots they pan to at commercial breaks.



I thought it was a cool, unexpected touristy thing to add to my list! I also found a great organic farmer's market right outside my building. I've seen so many farmer's markets since I moved to New York. Broadway in Astoria also has a market on the weekends. Apparently being on an island is not a barrier to cheap, fresh, and sometimes organic produce.

Comments

  1. Neat! You are livin' the high life, lady. :-)

    And how are the market prices? I feel like there wouldn't be a need to ever go to a grocery store for fruits and veggies if so many of those are everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depending on where the market is, they are usually at par or lower than the super market, and many organic varieties!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts