Because Sometimes Adults Need Toys, Too



Happy early birthday to me! Despite having some car troubles and unexpected expenses in the past few weeks, I splurged and bought myself a Canon Rebel XT DSLR.

I gotta celebrate another year of life, right? With my tour coming up and a trip to China in 2012 (for vacation, not for business. I want an international tour so badly! Hello, tangent.), I wanted to be sure I could document my adventure in style. Ok, exaggeration. It'll take me a few months to figure out how exactly to use this camera with much style, but I'm stoked to be taking pics on something other than my iPhone. Look forward to some clearer, prettier, and hopefully more stylish pics on the blog!

After playing with my friend's DSLR a few weeks ago I was totally hooked and could not imagine documenting my life on a phone anymore. Counting down the days until it arrives.

Random Story Time: While dealing with my car last week, the panic alarm would not go off. In a flurry, I drove into the car dealership with the alarm blaring, inside of the service tunnel. I looked like a crazy lady - dirty clothes, crazy hair, no makeup. Lesson: the more upset and crazy you look, the faster they help you at the car shop! None of those men want to deal with an emotional breakdown in their office.

Comments

  1. YAY for new fancy toys! I have a Nikon Coolpix L110 that absolutely LOVE. It's the perfect hybrid between point-and-shoot and fancy "how does this work?" camera land, so I can operate it like a boss and maybe even take awesome pictures on occasion. Happy shooting!

    I have this fantastic cartoon-esque image in my mind of the scene at the car garage... complete with eyes bugging out of people's heads and an animated car horn laughing maniacally...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts