Playing Tourist (for free!) at the MOMA


Every Friday night from 4:00pm - 8:00pm, the Museum of Modern Art in New York is free to the public. I have planned to visit the museum for about six months now, but never got around to it.

It was pretty crowded with tourists, but not unmanageable. The museum is so packed with iconic art work by Monet, Picasso, and Andy Warhol (to name a few), that I found my attention span quickly reach its "saturation point." I plan to go back next Friday to visit the floors that I missed!

Since I was born and raised around Washington, D.C., where all Smithsonian museums are free, I hate paying for admission! I miss killing time with a casual stroll through the National Portrait Gallery or reliving childhood memories in the Air & Space Museum.

Comments

Popular Posts