Return of the Pantry Challenge I: Veggie Pizza

I'm leaving for tour in two weeks! Although I just moved into my new apartment a few months ago, I will be leaving for about four months. I am definitely keeping the apartment - good, cheap living space is hard to come by in NYC - but I am having a sublettor. This means that its time to clean out the pantry again!

Start your engines, folks, because its the

RETURN OF THE PANTRY CHALLENGE

Goal: buy as little as possible (fresh produce excluded) and eat my way through the staples in my pantry. I swear, I am so much more creative when my options are limited. 

First up, Gluten-Free Veggie Pizza.



On a whim I had bought a package of Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free, Whole Wheat, pizza crust. I've seen this even in a general grocer like Key Foods. 

I've never lived a Gluten-Free lifestyle, nor was I planning to, but this dough was made of whole wheat and I decided to give it a shot. It was easy enough to prepare, add oil and eggs (or in my case, I used a flax-seed egg replacement), let it rise 20 minutes, and pop it in the oven. 

Ontop of my crust I put pasta sauce, some cheese, and a bit of every veggie I had in the fridge. Included in my toppings were a full serving of broccoli, sugar snap peas, orange pepper, and olives. This was a great way to clean out my produce! 




Comments

Popular Posts