Here We Go Again

Yeesh! Time to catch up a lot of blogging :)

For the past three weeks my life has been wrapped up in rehearsals and the beginning of tour launch for Knuffle Bunny, a Cautionary Musical; based on the popular children's book by Mo Willems. You can look forward to a lot more blogs about life on the road, and performing in general!

RIP Baby Beluga, my favorite suitcase that died in 2009

I put my new life in NYC on complete pause: found a sublettor for my brand new apartment, said goodbye to my new friends, my new temp job, and threw it all in my trusty purple suitcase to come to Washington, D.C. for rehearsals. I'd be lying if I didn't say I was very sad to leave New York, but it was mixed with excitement and anticipation for the next chapter of my adventure.

Packing for these four month tours is a lot like a giant puzzle. We are traveling as far north as Wisconsin, as far south as Florida, and as far west as Oklahoma. What the heck do you pack?

Someone once told me lay out all the clothes you think you need. Then cut that selection in half.

I am proud to say that my 29" suitcase isn't completely full, and I've been trying to eat a little smarter on the road this time around by carrying an inventory of healthy snacks. Thank you, impulsive shopping spree at Trader Joe's, for giving me kale chips and wasabi peas. You can't really find those in a Flying J in the middle of Nowheresville, USA.

A little disclaimer here: *I am an employee of the Kennedy Center and the views expressed in this blog are my own and are in no way on behalf of the Kennedy Center.*

Comments

Popular Posts